Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm a 75 year old grandpa

So after four days of reading manuals and tinkering (gently) and feeling very stupid and frustrated, I was finally able to record my guitar with the new recording hardware and software I purchased a couple weeks ago. It's one of those things where after you do it you think, "Really? It was that easy and it took me four days? I am really dumb!" Sure, I can surf the web, write papers, research scientific articles, etc., but I really hate that I know next to nothing about what my computer can do. It's really frustrating sometimes. 
                                                                   

                                                                   


Last night I definitely know how my grandma felt when I changed her home page address and she freaked out because she didn't know I just had to retype it in her options tab to get it back. It seems I have become a 75 year old grandpa when it comes to recording equipment. I was just thinking "God help me" so I won't get too upset so I can't get anything done. I bet God would probably appreciate it more if I did something for myself and sought the help of one of his gifted sons and consulted Billy again. I'm glad somebody knows what he's doing with this stuff.                                                                          

1 comment:

Billy said...

Let me know how it's going this weekend and maybe I can help you out. Are you using a PC?