Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Angry and Sorry

So I'm at CHLA right now and I JUST missed seeing a patient I've been trying to get in touch with for about 10 days. I would like to see this girl and her family in person instead of calling them. However, this will no longer be possible. She had an appointment in one of the hospital departments this afternoon at 2pm. I called said department at 1:30pm and requested that I receive a call upon her arrival so that I might pay a visit whilst she and her family awaited their appointment.

Fast forward to 2:15.

I have not heard from the department and assume that the family is either very late or I have been forgotten. Rather than feel rude and call down to bother the receptionist again (I hate being a nag), I decided to make the 7 minute trip to the office. As I arrive I am informed by the receptionist that the patient and her family have JUST LEFT! AAAAHHHHHH!!!! So frustrating. So, now I'm blogging to give them a chance to get home before I attempt to reach them by phone. So angry!

So the I'm sorry part of this? As I reflect on my experience I am reminding myself that I am pehaps the most forgetful person in the world. I have angered many a person in this manner. I am sure that I have provided many opportunities for growth in the area of forgiveness and patience in my time. So, if you happen to be one of the people who has felt toward me what I am feelign toward a certain receptionist right now, I am truly sorry. And lets face it, anyone who cares enough to read this post to this point has been the victim of my forgetfulness, etc. at some point (if not many points (Kira)).

So, again, I still love you and beg your forgiveness for my future transgressions against you. As for the receptionist, I think I've learned that the next time I just need to either be a nag or just make the choice to waste 20-30 minutes of my day rather than relying on someone who has no idea how frustrated I'll be if she forgets. Alright. I'm done ranting now. Thanks for listening.

No comments: