Thursday, January 8, 2009

Awesomeness at Kona's


Last night was sooooooo much fun? We all (much of t he worship team + Billy) got to perform a few songs on behalf of APA at HBHS. Tons of people there, good food, and other great performers as well! Kristi nailed "Love Song", playing the keys and everything! Curtis was awesome on vocals and keys. Jeff rockekd the Leopard guitar (as always). I did my best with a Kenny Loggins #. Don was workin the ivory (plastic, whatever). I think my favorite part, however, was when Dave Yaden was playing keys with a blues artist after our set. He is a joy to watch. A lot of the time he looks like he's in pain or confused, but it's just such a blast to watch him work the keyboard! I just wish he could learn to have a little fun up there :). (Those who have seen Dave at work know that there is nothing but fun running through his veins when he performs). All in all, a great night of music, food, fun, family, and friends. 



6 comments:

SingingShrink said...

I'm realizing right now that the first line of this blog should have talked about the night being .......fun! (not .....fun?). My bad y'all

Kristi said...

It was fun? Wasn't it? Glad you were a part of it. And yes, DAve is amazing in his element. You need to go to one of his live shows. He's RIDICULOUS. You aren't so bad yourself.

So glad your family came. That was awesome! :o)

Sarah B. said...

You guys ALL did great...glad that Brandon and I got to go (which means glad my Dad wasn't busy and babysat for us). So glad that you are singing a lot more now..you are great. I am still talking about that song you sang...Apologize? LOVED IT! Ok, and Dave is hilarious to watch, he's so bouncy I feel that he might bounce right out of his chair...he had me gigggling a few times. :)

World of Wright said...

Great job Robbie! Everyone was awesome and you looked like you were having a blast.
I haven't been out on a week night in a long time. I almost felt young again :)

SingingShrink said...

I totaly feel you on the not ever going out on weeknights. I feel like I don't even get to go out on the weekend sometimes! Grad school is going to kill me one of these days. Or I'll graduate. One of those two...

Heidi said...

You guys will all be famouse someday.