Thursday, January 15, 2009

3 FreAkinG hOuRs!!!!!

Oh my gosh! So apparently some tanker truck driver decided he wanted to take a swim in the oil he was transporting yesterday morning on the 210 freeway . This guy crashed his truck and spilled 50,000 gallons of oil on the freeway. Thanks to this unfortunate little accident (which may have created jobs for many workers for the day, so really some kudos to the guy as well) the entire 210 was closed down both directions, and every other major freeway in the LA area was also affected.

So here I am, leaving my CHLA office early (3:30) and figuring on beating some of the traffic to worship team practice at FCC. After sitting in traffic on side streets I ended up taking the 5 to the 10 to the 110 to the 105 to the 605 to the 405 to Beach to get to church. Oh so very fun drive. 3 hours later I pulled into the church parking lot. Right on time. Kristi gave me a hug when I got there and rehearsal went well. I got to see my mom who's singing this weekend too. I guess it could have been worse. 

Then on my way home, the stupid Lakers had to go and lose to the San Antonio Spurs. Awesome. At least the drive from Huntington Beach to Irvine was quick. Watched my new favorite show with Kira when I got home. "Big Bang Theory" is ridiculously hilarious. Nice to have something to look forward to at the end. Anyone like myself who's been a nerd at some point in life (although I tend to believe "once a nerd always a nerd" to some degree) needs to watch this show. Oh, and if you have a DVR, record the blurb after every show. Funny stuff!


1 comment:

Kristi said...

Dude - I saw that truck on the road yesterday and thought, oh those poor people that have to take the 210... it never crossed my mind that you were one of them. :o(

I'm so sorry it took 3 hours, but I'm so glad you made it and you were safe.

And it means a lot to me that a hug from me matters enough that you would even write about it. :)

Also - Big Bang Theory is THE BEST show on tv. Totally underrated. I wish everyone watched it.

Love ya friend!