Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Last man standing

http://data2.collectionscanada.ca/ap/a/a126101.jpg

So I had my first day of orientation at CHLA yesterday and it turns out I'm the only male among the 9 interns/externs this year. Last year at the VA I was one of three men out of 12 interns/externs. What is the world coming to? Where have all the men gone! We men seem to be a rare breed in the world of psychology. What do you think ladies, do men need to get more in touch with their feelings? Maybe if they did, I wouldn't keep running into this issue at practicum sites! I don't know, maybe it's best that way. It gives me a chance this year to continue getting in touch with my feminine side, as well as the kid within, and we all know how much I need that (riiiiiight!).

Speaking of which, I leave this Friday for a trip to Lake Arrowhead with 20 of the kids from the HOPE program at CHLA. IT's going to be 3 days of Adventure Therapy, which seems to be church camp without the church part. We replace the churchy stuff with social skills groups and psychosocial activities. No awesome band and speaker, just me, 20 kids, and the womenfolk. I'll let you know if I survive...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow - now that sounds like quite an adventure. I bet you'll have LOTS to blog about after that trip!

I'm anxious to read all about it...