Wednesday, February 4, 2009

every 6 months or so...

I just got back from the ARC (Anteater Recreation Center) where I participated in my bi-yearly basketball game. I say that because as great as it would be to play once or twice a week, I only seem to manage to drag my butt over to the gym every six months or so. I think if I were able to get a few more games in each week that I wouldn't feel like I was going to pass out and die of exhaustion, collapsed lungs, or (is is possible?) a face that is simply way too red.


I got a compliment of "good hustle" from one of the guys I played with tonight. For any non-athletes out there, this phrase is code for "You only shot two-for-seven, but at least you didn't just stand around. I guess you're not as big of a loser as you could be." (Maybe not quite that harsh, but something like that.)

Then I got home and (after a 30-minute coughing fit; still trying to shake off the residual effects of a cold from a couple weeks ago) took a jog with Kira around our apartment complex. It was a nice night. (The calm before the rain storm that's supposed to hit tomorrow.)

It doesn't hurt that the Lakers won again either.

No comments: